Saturday, October 3, 2015

October Colors on Speckled Trout Lake


















I've heard a lot of people complaining that the fall colors aren't very good this year (not to mention the color change is a bit later than usual).  I have also noticed that the colors in general don't seem to have the vibrance that they've had in past years.  Still, there is a lot of beauty to be found out there.  Last night I made a quick trip up to a local fire tower, probably my favorite fall color view anywhere in Minnesota.  

While the wide-angle view from the fire tower is certainly lacking compared to the best color years, when I used my telephoto lens to zoom in on the landscape below I found plenty of beautiful areas.  There was some light cloud cover but the sun was shining through the clouds and lightly shimmering on the surface of the lake, which is the weird sort of different color/light that you see on the water near the lower right of the photo.  I liked the diagonal split of the scene between the tree line and the water behind it.  

No comments: