Sunday, May 10, 2015

The Supernal Dream

















It looks like our weather is going to be returning to cold, cloudy and rainy with a chance of snow over the next couple of days.  With that in mind, I decided to take advantage of the extremely clear night we had last night and went out in search of the Milky Way.  I certainly found some glorious views of the night sky!  I went to a location that I hadn't yet photographed with the Milky Way, Horseshoe Bay in Hovland.  Horseshoe Bay has a DNR public water access with an extremely well-constructed breakwater.  I was standing on the end of the breakwater in this photo.  I loved the way the Milky Way was arcing over the tree line and reflecting in the calm waters of the bay.  The moon is rising late now and waning, so the views of the Milky Way will be improving over the coming days.  I just hope the clouds with the incoming weather don't linger for too long!

No comments: