Saturday, May 2, 2015

Swans and Pelicans in Grand Portage Bay

















Quite the unusual morning here on the shores of Lake Superior in Grand Portage Bay! We woke to a white flotilla of birds just out in front of our house. I didn't have my glasses on so I thought it was just a big group of gulls. Then Jessica exclaims "There's pelicans out on the bay!" After I grabbed my glasses I could plainly see that indeed, there was a large group of pelicans out there! I quickly grabbed my camera and ran down to the beach to take some pictures. As I made my way down to the shoreline I could hear swans honking as well. I looked up just in time to see one of the two swans that were out there do a fly-by past the pelicans. The pelicans all took off when the swan flew by. They flew several circles overhead then landed further out into the bay. It sure was a fun way to start my Saturday!


No comments: