Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Rock Island Moonlight

















I went out to photograph the moonrise a couple of nights ago and it sure was beautiful!  At first I was hoping to capture the Milky Way along with the rising moon, which I was able to do since early on the sky was completely devoid of clouds (and I will share that image later).  After a while, though, this bank of clouds moved in quickly from the west and soon was about to cover the moon.  I waited until the clouds were just about to move behind the tops of the trees on the rock island then made this photo.  I really liked the shape of the cloud bank and the way the moonlight was shining from behind the island.  If you look about halfway between the the right edge of the island and the right edge of the photo you can still see just a hint of the ribbon of the Milky Way.  What a beautiful night :-)

No comments: