Saturday, April 18, 2015

Cool Sky over America's Coolest Small Town

















I'm sure many of you have heard by now that Grand Marais, Minnesota was voted "America's Coolest Small Town" by the readers of Budget Travel Magazine.  Grand Marais is certainly a cool little town, and it has some of the coolest night skies around!  Only in a small town would you still be able to see the Milky Way overhead.  This photo was made last night at 2:00 AM.  I wasn't going to go out shooting last night but I took a look at the forecast and it sounds like we're going to be cloudy for most of the coming week.  So, I figured I better get out and take advantage of the crystal clear night sky while it lasts.  If the forecast is correct we may not see a night sky like this again for the better part of a week.  

No comments: