Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Last Iceberg

















The last remaining iceberg on a shoreline that had ice as far as the eye could see just a week previously.  I was hoping for a little more sky interest on this evening but the sky was almost completely devoid of clouds.  In the end that didn't matter as I found one of the most uniquely shaped icebergs that I've ever seen so I made that the prominent feature of this photo.  It was fun photographing the waves washing over this chunk of ice.  Every photo that I made looked completely different from the last with the ever-changing patterns of the waves.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice.
Is that a superior mirage on the right lake horizon? Possibly Hollow Rock??--!
--The Old Crow

Travis Novitsky said...

Thanks! No, it's not Hollow Rock... this was taken closer to Grand Marais, near County Road 14.