Sunday, January 25, 2015

Nebraska Moon

















Still going through some old photos!  Last night I was working on a folder from March 2011 which contained images from my spring trip to the southwest.  I found 4 new images that I wanted to add to the Nebraska gallery of my website.  My friend Roger and I had visited Nebraska on our way to Arizona and Utah.  The main reason for visiting Nebraska in March is to see the annual migration of Sandhill Cranes.  In March of 2011 our trip coincided with the full moon, which made for some spectacular photo opportunities.  Each evening we had great fun trying to capture the cranes flying in front of the moon at sunset.  The light layers of clouds also made for some pretty interesting photographs of the moon without any birds.  This image was my favorite that I came across.  I just had to share it!

No comments: