Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Peekaboo Eagle

















We have a few eagles that hang around pretty much all year along the road that we live on and today one of them was in a really neat position for some interesting photos.  The light was far from ideal but I still really like this photo that I was able to get.  At first I was photographing him from the other side and there was nothing but gray sky behind him.  Then, I moved around to this side of the trees and luckily there was an opening in the branches and I was able to frame him within that opening. It felt like a "peekaboo" moment, as if I was spying on the eagle without his knowledge (of course, he totally knew I was there).  Just moments after making this photograph he flew away.  It was my lucky moment for the day :-)

No comments: