Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Late Summer along the Echo Trail

















On this cold and blustery September day my mind goes back to a beautiful late summer day spent along the Echo Trail in northeast Minnesota.  I spent part of the day driving the Echo Trail (which is actually a gravel road for those that don't know) to scout it out for photo locations.  It was my first time driving the trail, which some may find interesting considering that it's not that far from where I live.  However, we have plenty of roads similar to this one (Arrowhead Trail, Caribou Trail, Sawbill Trail, etc.) closer to where I live and those roads provide plenty of photographic opportunities as well.  Still, I was always curious about the Echo Trail and the scenery along the road certainly didn't disappoint!  Especially this location, the "Little Indian Sioux River" canoe access point.  I'm not a big fan of the name, but the view sure beckoned.  I was wishing I had more time and a canoe with me so I could paddle down this beautiful river.  Someday in the future Jessica and I will have to return so we can further explore this beautiful part of northern Minnesota.

No comments: