Thursday, July 17, 2014

Three Little Osprey

















Yesterday I had the good fortune of being able to see three young osprey in their nest!  The nest is near a heron rookery and whenever an adult heron flew in to feed its young they would make a LOT of noise.  The young osprey seemed curious about all the raucous noise the young herons were making and would peek out from inside their nest to see what was going on.  Each time they peeked out I was able to make several nice images of them.  They must be getting close to leaving the nest because every now and then one of them would stand up and flap their wings like crazy, like they were testing them out.  I even got to see one of the adults bring a fish to the nest but unfortunately the osprey's back was to me when it landed.  It may not be a "perfect" shot, but I still like it.  It sure was a fun morning spent watching these birds!  




No comments: