Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Passing Time with the Pines

















I went out again last night in search of some Milky Way images and also had an idea in mind for a star trail shot.  I went to the same area of pine trees that I went to the other night when I made the "Ancient Earth" image.  This time, though, the conditions were much better.  The humidity was much lower and the haze that was in the sky the other night was not present, making the visibility of the stars much better.  The best part, though, was the lack of mosquitoes!  Sure, there were a few mosquitoes, but nothing at all like the other night!  The lack of bugs makes all the difference in the world for an enjoyable night out in the woods.  I hope you like this image, it represents 49 minutes of time collecting light on to a single exposure.  I just love this tree line and shot some northern lights here last October.  It's one of my favorite locations for shooting the night sky.  

No comments: